Shanice Singh's Reviews > Hello Stranger

Hello Stranger by Lisa Kleypas

bookshelves: wishlist

It took me two tries to read this book (ah the powers of a book slump). On my first attempt, I got distracted and bored within the first two chapters.
Picking up on attempt two, I devoured this book.
"Hello Stranger" follows Dr Garrett Gibson, the only female doctor in England and her stalker friend, Ethan Ransom.
Ethan has been following Garrett around during her nightly visits to ensure that she is safe. It is not long before sparks fly between these two and they indulge in an intimate night together.
Ransom knows that his world- and him- are too dangerous for Garrett so they both decide to stay away from each other.
However Ransom's enemies soon find out about Garrett and she is drawn into Ransom's criminal world.
My favourite thing about this book was that Garrett was not a damsel in distress. She saves Ransom, Ransom saves her and throughout their relationship she is treated as an equal. She is never fazed by Ransom's mysterious underground life and I loved that.
This was an incredibly well-written book and I am only sad that I did not read it sooner. Curse you book slump.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hello Stranger.

June 16, 2017 – Shelved