Merry Chapman's Reviews > Mocha and Murder

Mocha and Murder by Tonya Kappes

Tonya Kappes hits it out of the park again with Book two in this series!

This is book two in the Killer Coffee Mystery Series and a fantastic read! We once again are in Honey Springs where Roxy, owner of Bean Hive a wonderful coffee shop, formerly a lawyer, stumbles on the murder of once of her vendors. Her friend Louise becomes suspect number one and of course Roxy totally needs to get involved since she believes Louise couldn't have done it! We are introduced to a very expensive egg-laying hen and a very strange set of circumstances. We are introduced to Roxy's mother and learn a bit about her background and relationship misunderstandings harbored for years between Roxy and her mother and her Aunt who treats Roxy like her daughter. We get to know a little more about her Fiancee who helps Roxy solve the murder and cares so much for Roxy. Although Roxy knew him when they were in High School together, she left to go to college and totally lost connection to him until she returned to Honey Springs and she has those years in-between to find out who Patrick really is! Of course you can't have a book by this author without animals involved, especially dogs and I love how she brings pet rescue into the storyline! Needless to say, I love Roxy's little dog Pepper! Even though I was able to figure out the murderer sooner than Roxy, I Loved how it all so skillfully evolved tying up all loose ends! I can't wait for the next book in this series. Tonya has written numerous series and every book in every one of her series is just as fantastic as the next! You can never go wrong when reading any book in any of Tonya Kappes' series! I was given an ARC copy by the author, but the opinions her are stricly my own!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mocha and Murder.

Finished Reading