Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic's Reviews > Speed of Life

Speed of Life by Carol Weston

bookshelves: young-adult

Thank you Sourcebooks Jabberwocky for providing an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Though it's been a year her mother passed away, fourteen year old Sofia Wolfe misses her badly. She and her father are still coping over the loss. She feels lonely without her mother's presence and she doesn't know how she'll express her feelings to her father. After Katherine Baird or well known as Dear Kate, an advice columnist at a teen magazine visited their school, she decided to email her asking for advises and talk randomnly about girl stuff. She finds comfort opening up to her but things get awkward when her father introduces her new girlfriend and it happens to be the woman behind Dear Kate.

I really like this book. It's greatly written and I like Sofia's character development. Her mother's death left a huge impact in her family and struggled in moving on. I like her honesty and innocence. There are times she's naive and that's okay because it's part of growing as she continues to learn many things. I like that she's flexible and understanding. She slowly adapts to changes and I think she adjusted really well. Also, I like the little cute romance between her and Sam and how she get along with Alexa (Kate's daughter). It's not easy for these two but I'm glad they worked it out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Speed of Life.

June 16, 2017 – Started Reading
June 16, 2017 – Shelved
June 16, 2017 – Shelved as: young-adult
June 17, 2017 –
11.0% "I'm liking this book so far. 😊"
June 18, 2017 –
June 19, 2017 –
June 20, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

Melissa_lifeinthebooks Happy reading:-)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Thank you, Melissa! :)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Lovely review Beatrice! xoox

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Thank you, Sue! 💞😊

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Great review sweetheart =] xo 💕

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Thank you, dear Mel! ☺💖

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin You're most welcome darling =) xo ❤️

message 8: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Angeli Lovely review sis. The book sounds really sad.

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Thank you sis! It's sad in the beginning and becomes lighter halfway :)