Michelle's Reviews > Steal

Steal by Rachel Van Dyken

bookshelves: 2017, arc, contemporary, contemporary-romance, second-chance-romance, july-2017, rachel-van-dyken

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

STEAL by Rachel Van Dyken is the third installment in the Seaside Series and while it can be read as a standalone, I highly encourage and recommend you to read the previous books since there are lots of returning characters that plays an integral part in this book. As you may know, I am a huge fan of this series but STEAL didn’t steal my heart as the first two books did. Don’t get me wrong this book was well-written but the hero didn’t pull me in as I hoped.

photo 97aea37e7b692c760d968fc2aa5716_zps8eignegy.gif I didn’t waver. Didn’t blink. Just stared her down like the stranger she was. No longer was she the girl I loved. The girl I broke up my freaking band for. The girl I swore I’d marry and move mountains for. That girl had never existed. The bitch in front of me? My client? My freaking reality.”

Redemption. I am one of those readers who loves a good redemption story especially when it comes to a heroine that was complicated like Angelica Greene. Angelica was a child actress who grew up too fast. With fame, popularity, and constant pressure, Angelica was like any rising starlet that fell victim to drugs and alcohol. It was her downfall when it ruined the best thing in her life....Will.

photo 97aea37e7b692c760d968fc2aa5716_zps8eignegy.gif I might have used drugs just as badly as they used me. I was a lot of things. But I’d never used people the way Will had just used me. And suddenly I felt like that dirty drug addict all over again. But worse. Because this time it wasn’t drugs staring at me in the face, judging me, making me feel dirty. It was the man I used to love.”

Now fast forward to several years later, Angelica has one more chance to redeem her life and career in a movie where she will play herself. This job should be easy right,well except the fact that she has to see Will everyday and the way he looks at her has changed. No longer with love and adoration but with judgement. She is well aware of the mistakes she had made, but how long will she be tormented and punished?

Will wants to hate her but he can’t. She was his drug. His salvation. His missing piece. His love. As much as he tries to push her away, he is bombarded with the memories of Angelica and him. Can Will forgive Angelica? And can Angelica forgive herself and win back Will’s love?

STEAL had many great emotional push and pull moment that will capture your attention. Rachel Van Dyken as always did an excellent job showcasing Angelica and Will’s point of view when it came to the past and present. I honestly loved Angelica’s character because she was so emotionally vulnerable and in such made her journey of redemption more meaningful. I liked Will but didn’t love him. Overall, this book was a sweet emotional second chance journey of love, forgiveness, and trust.

photo MICHELLE1_zps3515xymk.jpg Rachel Van Dyken

photo goodreads_zpsqkmj4xhi.png  photo facebook_zpservm9hwu.png  photo twitter_zpsej9wbgnz.png  photo instagram_zpsmgarmzby.png  photo networked-blogs_zpswmifyr5u.png

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steal.

June 15, 2017 – Shelved
June 30, 2017 – Shelved as: second-chance-romance
June 30, 2017 – Shelved as: july-2017
June 30, 2017 – Shelved as: rachel-van-dyken
July 1, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Clare Love this one.