Malia's Reviews > After You Left

After You Left by Carol Mason

bookshelves: women-s-fiction

This book was more or less what I expected given the reviews. It was well written, but the story was a little flat and predictable. Still, this was an easy and ultimately satisfying read. I think what made it fall a little short of great for me was simply that it reminded me so much of many other books of a similar ilk like Before I Met You or The House at Riverton and I think they will probably live longer in my memory than After You Left. That being said, I would read books by this author again, because she does have a very nice way with language and her characters were likable.

Find more reviews and bookish fun at http://www.princessandpen.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After You Left.

June 15, 2017 – Started Reading
June 15, 2017 – Shelved
June 15, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
June 15, 2017 – Shelved as: women-s-fiction
June 18, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by TL (new)

TL Nicely said hun :)

Malia TL wrote: "Nicely said hun :)"

message 3: by TL (new)

TL Malia wrote: "TL wrote: "Nicely said hun :)"

welcome:)

Patricia How was it predictable? I was stunned by the twist. Didn't see it coming at all, and I teach literature.

Malia Patricia wrote: "How was it predictable? I was stunned by the twist. Didn't see it coming at all, and I teach literature."

I didn't dislike the book, but I could see where it was going much of the time, which took away some reading pleasure for me. I honestly can't even remember the story well now, so for me it just wasn't a very memorable read, unfortunately. I'm glad you enjoyed it more and were thrilled by the ending:-) Have you read anything else by the author?

Patricia Malia wrote: "Patricia wrote: "How was it predictable? I was stunned by the twist. Didn't see it coming at all, and I teach literature."

I didn't dislike the book, but I could see where it was going much of the..."

I didn't dislike the book, but I could see where it was going much of the..."

I just downloaded Secrets of Married Women (I think that's the title) by this same author. What I didn't see coming was that Alice (April) was Eddy's daughter. **Spoiler Alert** Thanks for your response.

Malia Patricia wrote: "Malia wrote: "Patricia wrote: "How was it predictable? I was stunned by the twist. Didn't see it coming at all, and I teach literature."

I didn't dislike the book, but I could see where it was goi..."

Hope you enjoy it! Have you read any of Liane Moriarty or Lisa Jewell's books, you might enjoy them?

Patricia I read Big Little Lies. I don't think I've read Lisa Jewell's books. I'll have to look into her. Thanks.