Sharon's Reviews > Endurance of the Free

Endurance of the Free by James Litherland

F 50x66

liked it
bookshelves: suspense, thriller, given-by-author

I would like to thank the author, James Litherland, for giving me a copy of Endurance of the Free. I was under no obligation to review this book and my opinion is freely given.

Roshike has sacrificed himself to the cause, in the hopes that his partners and friends will be able to complete the mission in his absence. Held by the ruthless Batsu governor and tortured for information, will Roshike be able to hold out long enough for his friends to finish the modifications for the Gaku-net? Will this change in protocol allow for all members of their society to be treated fairly under the new code?

This Japanese spy thriller feels very much like a conclusion to the series about a subversive group trying to bring equality and fairness to their society. With great action sequences that would be at home on the silver screen, Endurance of the Free features non-stop thrilling moments until the very end. With more of an ensemble cast, no one character stands out more than the others. As Seiko is my favorite character, I would have liked to have gotten to know her a little better. This book provided the opportunity for the author to let readers into her world more, but I do not feel like I learned any additional facts about her. That being said, I enjoyed reading Endurance of the Free and would recommend that readers who are new to the series start with book 1, Whispers of the Dead.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Endurance of the Free.

June 5, 2017 – Started Reading