Kelly's Reviews > Star Trek Cats

Star Trek Cats by Jenny Parks

Jun 14, 2017

bookshelves: read-in-2017, reviewed

Apawximately as cute as it sounds.

(Full disclosure: I received a free copy of this book for review through Library Thing's Early Reviewers program.)

A general rule of thumb: you can make just about anything better by adding cats, and Star Trek is no exception.

2017-06-14 - Star Trek Cats - 0001 [flickr]

In Star Trek Cats, illustrator Jenny Parks recreates famous scenes from the original run of the show using cats. (I'm not a huge fan, but my dad is and he recognized most of the scenes. Plus there's a handy little cheat sheet in the back of the book.)

Kirk is an orange tabby, Chekov is a Russian Blue (could possibly be the distant cousin of Lemmy, my British Shorthair), Scotty is a Scottish Fold, and so on.

2017-06-14 - Star Trek Cats - 0009 [flickr]

Really the only negative about this book is that there's not more of it! It's pretty tiny at 6 3/4" x 6 3/4" and 64 pages. I'd love to see an entire episode reimagined this way (though copyright issues probably make it a non-starter; still, it's nice to dream).

On the positive side, there are Tribbles!

And Uhura being her typical BAMF feminist self!

2017-06-14 - Star Trek Cats - 0005 [flickr]

And a unicorn dog!

2017-06-14 - Star Trek Cats - 0008 [flickr]

Really, what more is there to say? Answer: nothing. There is nothing left to say after "unicorn dog." I AM SOLD.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Star Trek Cats.

June 14, 2017 – Started Reading