Naughty Mom Story Time's Reviews > All I Am: Drew's Story

All I Am by Jodi Ellen Malpas

bookshelves: arcs-reviewed

Finding out this book was coming was a highlight in my life. I've missed the world that revolves around Jesse Ward and was completely excited to learn that one his best mates, Drew, was finally going to get his happily ever after.

All I Am is written solely from Drew's perspective. If you have read the series, this takes place eight years after Jesse and Ava's story began. His trust issues have him set in his ways and enjoying his pastime at his current club, since The Manor is no longer in business. No attachments has been his way of living but the moment Raya enters his life it's like she jumpstarted his heart.

It was amazing to see the transformation in him. He was always a good guy and he didn't deserve what had happened to him years before. It's no wonder he's lived his life the way he did. Raya sparked something in him. Her beauty entranced him and the mystery behind her eyes captivated him.

The chemistry they shared was erotic and beautiful. In giving her the detached pleasure she craved, he ended up giving and wanting much more from her than he ever planned on. He didn't want the strings, any attachments or any other of the messy that comes from more than just the play he's done over the years. But no matter how hard he fought, the man deep within that only those he's close with, is craving it. Craving her.

Jodi Ellen Malpas did an outstanding job of writing this novella in a way that it could be enjoy on its own. It's been a couple years since I read her This Man trilogy and I was able to enjoy Drew's story without having to go back and re-read any of the previous books. However, I would like to suggest getting to know Jesse Ward if you haven't already. That is one book boyfriend that gets under your skin with the most pleasurable love to hate/hate to love fascination. He's one of the most unforgettable characters I have ever come across.

For such a quick read, this story had so much depth and emotion. It was beautifully written (and in some scenes... almost on the verge of being poetic, in my opinion) and a perfect companion for my This Man series collection.
FAVORITE QUOTES:
It’s just a sound, a sound of anticipation that I’ve heard from hundreds of women before her, yet from her mouth it’s the most powerful aphrodisiac I’ve ever encountered.

This woman radiates sex. She’s cryptic. She is temptation personified, and it’s a constant struggle not to grab her and kiss her.

Jesus Christ, this woman could be my downfall. Could make me forget who I am. All I am.

“But I know that every time we’re close, suddenly things are gray. I can’t figure you out. You’re warm and cold. I know what I’m scared of, but what are you scared of, Drew?”
“You.”

“I’m a man touching forty and for the first time in my life, I’m in tatters over a woman. You, Raya.”

If happiness was a chain, it would be platinum with solid hearts between every link and entwined around my swelling heart.
I’m chained, make no mistake, but I’m the most free I’ve ever been.

All I Am is available June 18th

Haven't met Jesse Ward?? Be ready for the most alpha, stubborn and bossy book boyfriend you'll ever meet!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All I Am.

June 14, 2017 – Started Reading