Maxwell's Reviews > Truly Madly Guilty

Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty

bookshelves: 2017, kindle

Obviously I loved this. I read it all in one day. Her books are so addictive—that's the best word to describe them. The epitome of a page turner.

Like I said in my review of Big Little Lies, Moriarty is great at crafting complex characters. The 6 adults, and even the 3 children, in this story or so well developed and interesting. They have flaws and personalities that will make you love them and hate them. It's that complexity that takes this book from 'soap opera'-esque to engaging and compelling. She ups the ante by devoting the time to creating interesting humans at the center of an interesting story.

Plus, her writing is on point. I love the little nuggets of wisdom she drops here and there. They stick out like little gems that you want to collect and treasure. Another reason this isn't your regular dollar store thriller.

I can't wait to read everything else she's written. I have a feeling she's going to become one of my favorite authors and a go-to recommendation for people who don't know what to read next. You won't be able to put this down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Truly Madly Guilty.

June 14, 2017 – Started Reading
June 14, 2017 – Shelved
June 14, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
June 14, 2017 –
10.0% "Already enjoying this. She writes such complex characters"
June 14, 2017 –
47.0% "Her books are so addictive. The perfect plane reads"
June 14, 2017 –
80.0% "Made even more progress on my second flight. I'm addicted"
June 14, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017
June 14, 2017 – Shelved as: kindle
June 14, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Correna Dillon I bought this and im excited to get to it! My dang tbr is too long

Jaleesa You should read What Alice Forgot next, it's one of her best!

Sandra I loved the story of the man next door, it still gives me shivers. My favourite is 'The husband's secret, I pondered the ending for days.

message 4: by Toni (new) - added it

Toni Hi there Maxwell! :)
May I ask you a quick tip for faster reading? I’m really enjoying this book. Though I’m not a native English speaker, I prefer to read books written in English or another language.