Jodie's Reviews > The Five Stages of Falling in Love

The Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson

Jun 13, 2017

bookshelves: genre-adult, genre-realistic, genre-romance, i-own-ebook

I really enjoyed The Opposite of You, so I was excited to explore more work from this author.

Gosh the prologue packed a punch. So many feels! I really hope that was a sign of what was to come.

"Want some company?"
I could honestly say that was the very last thing I expected him to say. But how to decline politely? I didn't want company. I didn't even know why he offered.
"I have wine!"
Well, that changed things. "Alright," I conceded. "Bring the wine!"

I felt like this story was wonderfully executed. I really believed every character and their emotions.

“Alright, your turn.”
“My turn for what?”
“Serious questioning. You got down to the bottom of me, now I want to hear about you.”
I fortified myself with another gulp of wine. He was right. It was only fair, even if I didn’t want to go into details. If I really wanted a friendship with Ben, I owed him this.
He started with a relatively easy question though. “I worked on a will today and it got me to thinking, are you okay in this house? Will I be getting a new neighbor any time soon?”
“Wow, starting with financials. How classy of you.”

This was a beautiful story of grief and new beginnings. I was going to give it 5 stars, but all the drama got a tad annoying towards the end, so I'll give it a solid 4!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Five Stages of Falling in Love.

June 13, 2017 – Shelved