Deborah's Reviews > Marriage Claws

Marriage Claws by Paige Cuccaro

bookshelves: jd-read, amazon-done, ng-done, pnr

Kate is a hard working single gal who has taken care of everyone in her life including her younger brother.  She owns a restaurant and all of her adopted family work there.  When Jack Pensione is renovating her building and is not renewing her lease, she's panicking. She doesn't have the money to pay for it outright, but she also doesn't want her "family" to be without jobs.  Jack offers her an alternative.

Jack is set to take over the family empire. He belongs to a pack of werewolves and he is due to take over as alpha. Unfortunately, the pack is old fashioned in the respect of wanting the pack leader to be mated.  Jack looks to Kate to solve two problems in one agreement.  She marries him and help him get to be the alpha he wants, and she gets her restaurant paid in full. The deal is set.

Kate clearly bit off more than she can chew when she agreed to Jack's deal.  There is the insane attraction amongst them they both are trying so hard to fight against, and the bit that Jack is indeed a werewolf. Wha What?? Kate was embroiled in the family drama before she even had a chance to meet everyone! She never knew this world existed and although she's very open-minded, she's very overwhelmed! She does seem to accept Jack rather quickly though. I liked how the author used some historical werewolf background to justify in her head what she was learning. Everything was a whirlwind of emotion, it boggled my mind!

Even though we know how this story will go, I loved how Paige Cuccaro takes us on a rollercoaster of a ride! Drama and back stabbing and love...

There's tales being told all around, some true and some lies, and we don't know what is what! I especially enjoyed the wolf battles! They were wonderfully written!

Overall I liked the story and read it straight through! Although I felt Jack needed to be a stronger alpha at times, he was believable.  All the characters seemed like a misfit of society, in one way, shape, or form, and they banded together to call themselves a family. Kate felt their successes laid firmly on her shoulders.  I liked how she grew to realize she didn't have to control everything, and they could spread their wings a little and fly too!

Marriage Claws was well worth my time reading!  I will watch for other books by Paige Cuccaro! I liked her characters and hope to see them in other books!

4 Stars/3 Flames

This book was gifted to me for an honest review.  The review and ratings are solely my opinions.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marriage Claws.

June 13, 2017 – Shelved