Heather C's Reviews > His Girl

His Girl by Aria Cole

liked it
bookshelves: arc, june-2017-release

So, this is my first Aria Cole book and I'm sure it won't be my last. I've been told that I need to get on the Aria Cole bandwagon so I decided to jump on and see what happens. I'm happy to say that I did enjoy His Girl and I'm excited to read more from Aria.

Hawk and Morgan grew up together. High school/college lovers and all that jazz. When Hawk leaves to join the NFL, he leaves behind the one woman that ever held his heart. Which she crushed, by the way. She said she didn't want to be with him and convinced him that they were done. But he never forgot about her. When an career ending injury sends Hawke back home to where Morgan is, sparks fly. However, there is one thing that Morgan has kept from him and it's about to turn both their worlds upside down.

I'm just going to throw this out there because everyone else probably already has and it might explain my rating a little better. This is a second chance secret baby story. Because of that, I kind of wish that we would have been given more of a connection with father/child once it was figured out. The story mostly focused on the second chance love part so I felt a little lacking because of it.

I had no problems with Hawk coming in all demanding and telling Morgan how it is going to be from now on and they certainly had some great sexy times.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. If you are looking for short, sweet and a bit of Daddy calling then this might be the book for you.

*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Girl.

June 13, 2017 – Started Reading