Katerina's Reviews > Hot Stuff

Hot Stuff by Carly Phillips

it was ok

Free on iBooks. Both of them have histories. They've briefly met in the past, however were with other people. Her relationships have been sour, plastered over tabloids he's read. He's a love them, leave them type. The heroine was such a straight shooter. She was smart, and direct without pretences; she addressed their sexual attraction, but held control firmly within her grasp knowing what she wanted, especially since she's been played so many times by professional athletes. She's wary but wants this to be physical. Vaughn bedded many and parts on good terms; she met a few of his past lovers but didn't feel jealous, because it's just fact. They're nice women, who love other people now (I still found it cringey and a turn off that he's in happy go lucky in contact with them and friends even) He's gone through a bad divorce, distrusts women and she is his PR rep. There was something so admirable in her persona, and maturity. I'd give her 4 stars, and Vaughn one. He wasn't forthcoming about his feelings at all and wasn't very nice to her for most of the book. Idc if they have good sex, there's a lack of development. Third person narrative wasn't my cuppa tea.

But Lola was pathetic and totally should have moved on from Yank. "Let me spend years raising his nieces whilst he was a womaniser and then years after standing by his side whilst he doesn't even notice me and then let's me leave." Find your pride woman!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot Stuff.

Finished Reading