Jody's Reviews > Accordance

Accordance by Shelly Crane

Aug 27, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, favorite-authors, favorite-series, favorites, romance, soulmates-fated-love, ya
Read on September 23, 2011

Do you know that feeling when you get a book and you just know you are in for an awesome story and can't wait another minute to start? Accordance is that book. I so thoroughly enjoyed this book that I couldn't put it down and didn't want the page count to dwindle. This will definitely be on the keeper shelf and be re-read.

Accordance continues the Significance series by Shelly Crane. If you haven't read Significance, you need to stop right now and go read it. This series is a beautiful love story between two soulmates, Maggie and Caleb. Ms. Crane has a wonderful voice that describes the best love story since Bella and Edward. Her writing weaves such a vivid romance that you can touch the love and your heart will flutter right along with Maggie and Caleb

Maggie and Caleb are hiding out at the beach house with their unwelcome chaperones, Bish and Kyle. Bish is so protective of Maggie and knows that she and Caleb are hiding something from him. He is like a bad penny always turning up with they don't need him and interupting at the worst possible moments. Caleb and Maggie take their interuptions and chaperones in stride. But while at the Beach, Maggie learns her purpose and role in the Jacobsen clan. She begins to really understand her role as a seer and begins to have visions. Some of her visions include answers to the imprinting struggles and how to get the Aces back to the proud race that they should be. Caleb is her rock and her protector. Together they will stand and fight the evil that threatens to choke the clans of their imprints and abilities. This book is the perfect blend of action, obstacles, and heart pounding romance.

I can't express how wonderful Ms. Crane's books are and Significance is definitely my favorite book series now above Twilight, Harry Potter, Morganville Vampires, and Iron Fey. I am a hopeless romantic at heart but Ms. Crane writes a hero that is so swoon-worthy that you can't help but fall in love with him yourself. Her Heroine, Maggie, is easy to identify with and she writes Maggie in such a way that you can't help but put yourself in her place. If you are a fan of any YA Romance you will absolutely love the Significane series by Shelly Crane.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Accordance.

Quotes Jody Liked

Shelly Crane
“You know any single girls in their twenties that would go for Bish?" I asked Caleb.
"Sure, I know plenty. But would Bish go for it? He doesn’t seem to
be attracted to anything that walks, talks, eats or breathes except my sister.”

Shelly Crane
“The day Caleb touched my hand and I saw all those things, I was excited. Yes, a little freaked but excited more. I felt like...everything I ever needed was right there. I still feel like that. It's not something you can just turn off and I wouldn't want to. I want him more than I need him.”

“Beck, we gotta go.”
“Ok.” She made smooch lips to the mirror and then smiled at me. “It's shameful to look this fabulous isn't it?” she said, making me laugh.
“Absolutely, just shameful.”

Shelly Crane
“I am so in love with you,” I told him.
He smiled graciously and pressed his nose and cheek to mine with a hand on my jaw.
“I'm so in love with you.”
“I know,” I said happily and smiled through the rain on my cheeks.”

Shelly Crane
“Everything we'll accomplish, we'll do it together or not at all.”

Shelly Crane
“I want him more than I need him.”

Shelly Crane
“He pulled my face up with his hand cupping my cheek and kissed me on my trembling mouth. He smoothed his hands down my arms, my back, my hair, my cheek, soothing me.

“There’s a picture of you two in the dictionary under ‘get a room’,” Kyle said from behind me.”

Shelly Crane
“Caleb,” I called and looked at him. “I need you.” He looked surprised as he came forward. “What do you need?” “You.” “Does this require a human sacrifice?” he said joking. “No,” I laughed and heard Jen laugh too. “You remember I told you how I needed you at my side? I do, always. I can’t do any of this without you. Your touch is the trigger.” “It is?” he said in surprise. “You are just as important as I am. In the vision, I saw that you and I will be the key, not just me. Everything we’ll accomplish, we’ll do it together or not at all.”

Shelly Crane
“He looked like he always did. Jeans and a black Foo Fighters t-shirt, his hair lay over his forehead and around his ears. I pushed my hand through it.
"It's perfect. It's you."
He grinned, shaking his head.
"Zeke told me to wear leather, lots of it."
"And you're rebelling?" I said through a laugh.
"I'm telling him to subtly screw himself.”

Shelly Crane
“Maggie." He chuckled. "I can't really be mad at you in case you haven't noticed."
"I know, I know. The imprint," I said begrudgingly.
"No, not the imprint. It's you. You're so sweet and you care about everybody. You hate when people are upset with you. You love cream soda. It's kind of hard to be mad at someone who's like that.”

Shelly Crane
“You proposed over a plate of burned bacon?”

Shelly Crane
“Alright, well, we're going to go tell Maggie's father." Kyle came forward to inspect Caleb's face closely. "Dude, what are you doing?"
"Just memorising your pretty face before it gets all mangled."
Caleb laughed and shoved Kyle who laughed too. "Shut up, man.”

Shelly Crane
“The women are okay with the husband's picking out a house for them, without them even seeing it?" Dad said with a questioningly raised eyebrow.
"Yes, sir, it's like an engagement ring. The woman doesn't pick that out either," Caleb countered.
"True...but she's not going to live in her engagement ring.”