Olivia Farr's Reviews > Omega

Omega by Jus Accardo

Jul 07, 2017

bookshelves: netgalley-reviews

“Omega” is a really fantastic continuation of the Infinity series- even better than the first book! Here, we switch focus to Noah, who we knew from the first book, and Ash, who we are meeting on a new world. Noah and Ash are to each other what Cade and Kori are- they often seem to end up together on other worlds. We get alternating perspectives in this one, and I really think it helps to tell their story well/thoroughly. Ash’s world took a detour from ours when Al Capone became president and instituted a harsh social hierarchy thoroughly soaked with corruption. Ash is from the lowest social class but interacted with the upper class because she was temporarily adopted by Noah and Corey (here, Kori is a male)’s family at 10 years old- of course, this kindness has an expiration date. When she is 18, she will be returned to the lowest class.

Ash’s world was turned upside down when Noah died (presumably suicide- as a heads up to people who might be wary of this content) and she was blamed for it (his suicide note blames her), sentence to a life of slavery as a “Listed.” We learn all of this pretty quickly/early in the book so I’m not counting it as a spoiler. It gets even stranger when Dylan shows up and kills Corey in front of her- and then she meets Noah (the one from the first book who is still chasing down Dylan). We observe tidbits of Cade and Kori, but they really take a backseat in this book as we follow Noah and Ash. There’s a lot going on in this world, and it was really fascinating and yet easy to follow- whereas I felt the first book was confusing from the start and only after we got more information could I follow the first chapters, this sequel was really easy to follow and I was wrapped up in it immediately.

While I think Cade and Kori’s story was not yet complete and was hoping to continue with those two, I really enjoyed Noah and Ash’s perspectives and found this book absolutely enthralling. The alternate world in which this book takes place was really interesting and the tidbits we hear about other worlds was also fascinating- it’s quite a clever series, and I am really enjoying it. I still love the overarching theme of the series that certain people are meant to be (quite a romantic view of it all), and it was delightful to see it played out with some new characters. I also really enjoy the sci-fi elements, playing with the alternate realities and the technology that makes it possible (as well as its abuse/repurposing).

I have high hopes for the next in the series, and would love to see more of Kori/Cade as well as Noah/Ash- I hope we won’t be done with their stories. Really the only thing I would have changed about this book was to add in some more Kori/Cade, but I still really enjoyed it regardless. The next book can’t come soon enough!

Please note that I received an ARC from the publisher through netgalley. All opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Omega.

June 12, 2017 – Started Reading