Movies, Shows,'s Reviews > Blood Rose

Blood Rose by Danielle  Rose

I received a complimentary copy from the author/publisher, but all opinions are my own.

Note: This review contains NO spoilers

Huh... Intriguing first book in a series! Diving into Vampire and Witch lore, Danielle Rose created a unique and interesting pairing of a paranormal romance infused with some action. Her character development and world building worked fluidly creating this story which swirled with some mystery and suspense. It is apparent that there are secrets that these characters are keeping and are discovering.

We have a strong female lead of whom has been thrust into a world that she learned to despise. But then circumstances change, this main character, Avah, has no choice but to learn and accept what lies before her. Told from her point of view, readers are able to follow Avah's journey into a life that has led her to discover more than she really wanted to admit was not what she thought. I found the romance was not overbearing, and did not dominate the entire story. I enjoyed the fact that it was subtle and underlying the storyline of Avah learning to be something she only learned to hate. I love that this first book consistently hints at a "bigger picture"...or as is said in the book a "prophecy." Hmmm...make me wonder.

Now, the end of the book!!! Really!!! A cliffhanger!?! Ugh!!! I am now at the "edge of my seat" wanting more! But... NO!!! I have to wait for the next book! Seriously!!! Yes! Blood Rose has a cliffhanger...

Blood Rose is an interesting and creative pairing of supernatural stories that came together giving readers a captivating and thrilling new narrative of vampires and witches. This is definitely a delightful read for fans of this genre.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Rose.

June 12, 2017 – Started Reading