Ruthie Taylor's Reviews > Warped

Warped by Erica Chilson

~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the 5th book in the series, and I would say that it needs to be read as part of the whole story to be fully appreciated. I wouldn't say it is an easy book, as it deals with many difficult issues, but it is most definitely a very real and worthwhile read.

Ms Chilson writes fabulous, long and engaging books - and it is always a little nerve-wracking going in, as it seems a big commitment to read such a long book. Well, I can assure you that the words trip off the page and seem to take half as long to absorb as usual. The writing is fresh, intense and moves along at a perfect pace. I neither feel in need of more, or that there is detail that I could have lived without. I would never turn down the chance to read one of her books, even if the topic isn't one that I would naturally seek out - and not once have I regretted it.

You will find this to be deep, dark and intense in places, and possibly it will dig into some of the bits of you which you have chosen to suppress - but that for me is the joy of reading ... finding those connections whether good or bad, which make sense of something, and at other times make one grateful for living a life more, or less, ordinary. Within minutes of the darkness there will be a scene of such fun or love that the mood changes entirely and it is ok to carry on and take the next hit.

Never expect to know what is going to happen in the Blended series, never worry about what comes next, just step on the ride, and be amazed and entertained, again!

Wicked Reads Review Team

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warped.

Started Reading