Ann Girdharry's Reviews > Silent Scream

Silent Scream by Angela Marsons

I'm pretty late coming to this series and I'm really glad I finally got around to it.

DI Kim Stone is likeable, flawed and driven. She was one of the highlights of the book and I'd be happy reading more in the series because she's so different and interesting.

The storyline is multi-layered and that's what gives this book the edge. There's a complex story which is rooted in terrible crimes against girls/children in the past, which took place at a Children's Home. Then there are murders in the present and present day conspiracy. Wow.

The solving of the crime in the past was well done by the author but what made it great was the solving of the crimes in the present - that came as a fantastic twist.

My only negatives in this book were the 'coincidences' which were, at times, a bit difficult to swallow - Kim was brought up in a Children's Home, Kim was a twin and there is a twin main character in the story. Plus Kim seems to be the only police officer with any intelligence.
Also, it was a quick read, which, for me, is not always a good sign.
Still, it's a great police procedural, and you can't have it all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silent Scream.

June 11, 2017 – Started Reading
June 11, 2017 – Shelved
June 11, 2017 –
June 13, 2017 –
June 14, 2017 –
June 15, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Luffy Very nice review. I only avoid this series because there is too much sadism at times in this kind of book.

message 2: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann Girdharry hello Luffy, yes, in this one the crimes are brutal

Luffy Ann, do your books that you've published, contain any DRM? I'd like to read your books but I read only epub.

message 4: by Ann (last edited Jun 16, 2017 02:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann Girdharry I did a quick check on the author side of Amazon.

As far as I can see - TELL ME A SECRET isn't DRM protected, neither is WRITTEN ON THE APPLE TREE

GOOD GIRL BAD GIRL is DRM protected, and so are SWEET JUSTICE and TRADING WITH DEATH.

Hope this helps - as an author we have the option to set DRM or not when we set the title up with Amazon but then we can't change the choice we made.

GOOD GIRL BAD GIRL is my only title also available as paperback.
There's an extract from GOOD GIRL BAD GIRL in the back of the others - so if you're interested in reading it, feel free to send me a direct message.
AnnG

Luffy I'll try to get your first two books mentioned. I can convert them to epub. I thought the publishers decided whether to embed DRM or not. I read only ebooks, i don't buy paperback.

message 6: by Mara (new) - added it

Mara Pemberton I love the Kim Stone series. I have listened to all 6 books. They are all great.