♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ's Reviews > The Favorite

The Favorite by Kiera Cass

52207144
4 This shouldn't HURT this much ★'s

“I’d rather have my last memory be of his death than suffer knowing that his last memory was of mine.”

Buddy read with my, girl Desireé :)

Wow! This was a really fantastic novella and I must say this is my favorite novella in the series! It was such a wonderful and refreshing read, it was fast-passed and it made me smile :) This is in Marlee's POV and we get a look into Marlee and Carter's relationship, how they first met, how they fell in love and what happened to them after the caning. I love all the extra juicy details into there relationship and I really enjoyed seeing a few scenes that happened throughout The Selection series but through Marlee's eyes. I have been dying to see what exactly led up to that intense and heartbreaking moment that tore at my heartstrings in The Elite and it did not disappoint whatsoever!

I have always adored Marlee from day one when America met her on the plane on there way to the palace in The Selection. In which they became fast friends. Marlee is such an amazing character and I absolutely love her!! So to have this book and in her POV I was beyond thrilled. I love Marlee and America's friendship and her relationship with Carter melted my heart. Marlee and Carter's relationship was so beautiful and touching and the love they have for one another was so inspiring. I love that even with EVERYTHING... all that they suffered and endured they still managed to persevere. And that ending was everything I had hoped it would be and it was so so sweet :)

Illustration of Marlee & What I picture she'd look like.

Illustration of Carter & What I picture he'd look like.

“I had found my soul mate. I knew it. And there was too much love in my heart to leave room for regret.”

“I wasn’t alone. We had each other. The pain would last temporarily, but on the other side of it, I had Carter forever. My love, forever.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Favorite.

Quotes ♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ Liked

Kiera Cass
“Maybe you stole me. Because I distinctly remember belonging to myself once, but now I'm all yours.”

Kiera Cass
“And there was too much love in my heart to leave room for regret.”

June 11, 2017 – Shelved