Richard Flores IV's Reviews > Empress of Eternity

Empress of Eternity by L.E. Modesitt Jr.

liked it

I picked this one up at the local grocery store when I saw it. I had read "Haze" by Modesitt Jr. and really enjoyed it.

I have to admit the story is very slow to get started. But once you get the hang of the different plots it goes well. There was a lot of repeated information and I found that a bit off putting. I am sure it is done because Modesitt alternates stories every chapter.

As you get to the end he stops following the typical order and it was a bit confusing at the end.

Overall, once things got going, the story kept me interested and finally got me settled into a constant need to turn the page. I would recommend it to other fans for Modesitt Science Fiction.

Finally, don't be put off by those that mention this as Hard Science Fiction. I don't much care for hard science fiction because it can often become overwhelming. This story provided a good mix of science and plot. It doesn't give you too little science or too much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Empress of Eternity.

August 26, 2011 – Started Reading
page 388
September 12, 2011 –
page 391
September 12, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Wilson I haven't read anything by Modesitt, is he any good?

Richard Flores IV I have only read one called Haze. I loved it. So I am trying this one. Only one chapter in.

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Wilson Cool, I'll have to check out Haze some time.