Jodie's Reviews > Fallen Heir

Fallen Heir by Erin Watt

liked it
bookshelves: genre-na, genre-contemporary, genre-romance

I was SUPER excited for this! I love Easton in prior books. If any boy is just asking to be saved it's him. And this started awesomely so I was extra excited!

“To be honest, I’ve never had anyone turn me down. I’m not saying that to be braggy, but it’s the truth. I’ve got a good sense about this sort of thing. Besides, you already admitted you think I’m hot.”
“I used the word cute and I also said that even if I was in the market, I wouldn’t pick you. You had your hand up our teacher’s skirt yesterday.”
I ignore the teacher jab and focus on the positive. “Cute. Hot. It’s the same thing. We might as well hook up. I’m free tonight.”
Hartley exhales again. Louder. “Easton,” she starts.
I fold both hands on the tabletop and lean closer. “Yes, babe?”

I like how Easton become almost obsessed with Hartley, following her around and such, you don't see that from male characters often but it suited Easton so well. It's cute how he wants her approval so bad. And she didn't put up with any of his shit.

This was a lot fluffier than the first three. It wasn't dark at all. It was more like a YA romance than anything else. Which is fine, it was a cute read. But it didn't have the grit and intense dynamics that the first three had. This was actually rather flat. It was basically just Easton running wild and eventually sort of seeing the error of his ways.

But hey, I devoured this. So it's four stars from me and looking forward to the next instalment. Those final few chapters were excellent. Can't wait to see some extreme growth from Easton in future books, because man, he makes some idiot moves :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fallen Heir.

June 9, 2017 – Shelved