Joelle's Reviews > His Captive

His Captive by Diana Cosby

His Captive (MacGruders #1)
by Diana Cosby

3 of 5 stars

With a wastrel brother and a treacherous former fiancé, Lady Nichola Westcott hardly expects the dangerously seductive Scot who kidnaps her to be a man of his word. Though Sir Alexander MacGruder promises not to hurt her, Nichola's only value is as a pawn to be ransomed.

Alexander's goal is to avenge his father's murder, not to become entangled with the enemy. But his desire to keep Nichola with him, in his home—in his bed—unwittingly make her a target for those who have no qualms about shedding English blood.

Now Nichola is trapped—by her powerful attraction to a man whose touch shakes her to the core. Unwilling and unable to resist each other, can Nichola and Alexander save a love that has enslaved them both?

My thoughts & Review

This was a cute fast read but not much substance would have like to see more of a plot. Its about a kidnapping of a Lords sister who they plan to ransom.The characters of this story are drawn to each other right from the beginning.Although both parties try to fight this attraction to each other as they are suppose to be enemies.I found myself laughing a lot throughout the book Nichola antics while being held prisoner we hilarious.I found the tender hear Ted Alexander to be endearing his love and attraction for Nicola was a surprise to see for a harden Highland warrior.Found Alexander to be a noble warrior in his decision on choosing between his family and Nicola turned out to be the right one even if it was a hard choice and tore his heart out in doing so.Look forward to catching up on the other books in the series.I new author added to a list of growing new comers for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His Captive.

August 26, 2011 – Started Reading