Galit Balli's Reviews > Nightblade

Nightblade by Garrett Robinson

I love watching Garrett Robinson on his youtube channel and when he reached out to his community for a review, I asked to read his book. I was completely hyped to read his books after I saw that he was streaming his writing on youtube as well.
I asked for the first book and soon enough it arrived and since then I read nightblade twice.

From the first chapter I just kept reading, forgetting what time it was (1 am) and I was deep in the story. The author did a wonderful job with the world building and the characters. You can't help yourself but want to know more of this world and see how the characters are growing and the adventures they are facing.

Nightblade is about a girl, Loren, who runs away from her parents, especially from her abusive father, just after she meets a young man who was running from the law. Their adventure turned into a fight to survive. I love the author's imagery and how everything came to life in the book, I mostly loved the dialog between the characters, it felt as you are right there next to them eavesdropping on them.
Everything felt as a true adventure :)

Loren is a very relatable character, she has big dreams while trying to escape her abusive parents. The author made sure to build the world and the main character in such a real way. It felt so real, every fear and every success felt as real as in real life.
Loren will not marry for money and when she meets Xain her dreams and wishes comes to reality and she sees a way out of her current life. I will not spoil the rest of the story for you but I will say that when she took her first step out of her village, things became more complicated and very quickly Loren finds herself in bad situations.

My favorite character I must say is the young mystic boy and Loren, they are both well thought of and I felt very connected to them both.

By the end of the book, I wanted more... To know more about the characters and to see if she finally found what Loren was looking for. I love fantasy book (it's my main genre) and this book didn't fell short of my expectations. I am so happy that I got the chance to read this book and know of this series.

Can we take a moment to look at that gorgeous cover... I love the cover so much.

Nightblade is a great read and if you love young adult fantasy/epic fantasy, this book is for you. I can't wait to read the next books in this series.

Read more at: Coffee n' Notes

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightblade.

June 9, 2017 – Started Reading