Mary Thomas's Reviews > Reported Missing

Reported Missing by Sarah Wray

Thanks to Netgalley for my copy.
A 14 year old girl goes missing on the same day as Rebecca's husband Chris. The town turns against Rebecca in the aftermath judging her as guilty as her husband to the point she feels too threatened to stay in her home.

Rebecca takes refuge in a caravan park. Unable to believe her husband is guilty she seeks solace in alcohol and torturing herself looking for evidence via Facebook and the local news. As Rebecca questions local teenagers who are making her life hell she uncovers things that certain locals want kept secret. Rebecca's mental health begins to unravel as she is bullied and harassed.

This book was a bit of a slow starter but hooked me in. I felt sorry for Rebecca who is left to deal with the repercussions of her husbands disappearance. She uncovers things about him that she had no idea about. I felt this was believable and I thought the ending was real and raw. It does leave some questions unanswered but I could understand why. Full of tension and emotion. Will look out for future books by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reported Missing.

June 9, 2017 – Started Reading