Vonze's Reviews > The Other Miss Bridgerton

The Other Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

liked it
bookshelves: historical-romance

My book year is not complete without a read from the incredibly witty Julia Quinn.

I felt like I had to wait forever for this one, while also waiting for more news on the Bridgerton Netflix series, that I've longed for years.

The Other Miss Bridgerton had its moments. Star-gazing. A surprise dinner-guest twist. It's an adventurous novel, in which the heroine is kidnapped by pirates. And, in which, the captain hero is undercover for the government, and also secretly a friend of her family. More kidnapping.

I've been bored by the "kidnapped-by-pirates" trope before. Mainly because it usually means spending a lot of time on a ship, doing nothing. But, as always, Quinn made it fresh, with enough tension and distractions to keep me from feeling trapped as a reader. Although, I did eventually speed-read through some of the back-and-forth sibling-like bickering between the heroine and hero. It was nearly akin to slow-burn.

Overall, "Because of Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys #1)" has been my favorite. But, again, this one had some very darling moments.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Other Miss Bridgerton.

June 9, 2017 – Shelved