Kristen Burns's Reviews > A Destiny of Dragons

A Destiny of Dragons by T.J. Klune

4 Stars

Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book from the publisher. This has not influenced my review.*

More silly, absurd humor.

More ridiculously inappropriate sex talk in which no sexual kink is safe from being mentioned.

More quirky, sassy characters.

More adorable friendships and family and relationships among people who love each other like crazy.

More dragons that are nothing like you’d expect a dragon to be.

More magic unlike anything anyone in Verania has ever seen before.

But this book also had secrets coming to light. And heaviness. And seriousness. And intensity. And moments that threatened to make me teary-eyed, whether from sadness or worry or touchingness, I’m not even sure. It was still a funny book, yes, but not quite in the same way that the first one was.

On a related note, I don’t tend to like reading about prophecies, but, in this case, it didn’t really bother me because, in a way, the prophecy wasn’t really the point of the book. Just like in the first book, it was the friendships and relationships and love that were the focus. And also just like in the first book, I found myself once again able to firmly stand by Sam and his decisions; I was so happy when he finally told Vadoma he had enough of her crap about prophecies and destiny and all that because I was on the same page. Don’t listen to them, Sam. You do everything you can to keep your loved ones safe and well, Sam. Team Sam FTW! Or as Tiggy so eloquently put it…

“HaveHeart forever, motherfuckers.”

Also, I just have to say that I love how healthy the sex part of Sam and Ryan’s relationship is. Everything is so consensual and communicative and open-minded, so they explore their kinks and give each other what they need, and that is what’s sexy. (And the rest of their relationship is great too, of course.)

So overall, this was another great book with silly humor and quirky characters and loving relationships, but also more serious and intense moments and emotions that is probably going to tug on your heart strings even more than the first book did.

Recommended For:
Fans of Book 1 in TJ Klune's Tales from Verania Series. Anyone who likes modern humor, adorable friendships and family, M/M romance, sassy characters, and sweet stories.

Original Review @ Metaphors and Moonlight

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Destiny of Dragons.

June 8, 2017 – Started Reading