Kristin 's Reviews > Oh. My. Gods.

Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs

it was ok
bookshelves: 2012, ya

Phoebe's mother goes away to Greece for one week and comes back not only engaged but plans to get married that weekend and whisk Phoebe away to Athens with her. Once Phoebe arrives in Athens she is informed that the school she will be attending is a school for the descendants of the Greek Gods but they are allowing her to attend the school even though she is a mere mortal.

I loved the sound of the book. It sounded like a light ya read with Greek mythology (which I love) what I ended up with was a mediocre teenage angst book. Phoebe finds herself as an outcast in a school of descendants. She makes two good friends, one being a boy that likes her. However, Phoebe pines away at the unavailable moody and sometimes down right rude, Blake. She also has an evil stepsister who hates her on site when her father randomly comes home with a new wife and her kid. Which was never really talked about. I thought maybe there would be some magical reason why the mother just randomly up and ran off with a practical stranger but I guess it's just suppose to be love at first sight? Either way the majority of the book was Phoebe pining away for the unattainable rude boy.

I did like the mythology aspect and how the descendants resemble the gods talents. Pretty much the descendants were branched off in cliques based off of their heritage.

I think the story could have been so much better but it just felt rushed in some places and unbelievable in some. Which is saying a lot since I was reading a book about the children produced from the Greek Gods all converging at one school.

Favorite quote...
"Were you possessed by the Furies after we met this morning? Or did I just catch you off guard before you'd had your jerk juice?"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oh. My. Gods..

August 26, 2011 – Shelved