Sherry Torgent's Reviews > Serafina and the Splintered Heart

Serafina and the Splintered Heart by Robert  Beatty

Jun 07, 2017

Fans of the Serafina series won’t be disappointed with this final installment. It has all the fantastical, tantalizing elements as the first two books. There’s an interesting twist right off the bat that will intrigue readers and keep them turning the pages. One of the things I liked the most about this book is that we get to see Serafina grow into a young woman. She has to deal with a lot of change and struggles with how to handle things, so she asks her father – “But if everything is changing, what can we hold on to?” She gets some wise advice from her father that I found endearing. There are some good messages in this book about friendship, forgiveness, trust, and persevering through hardship. And as in previous books, there are wonderful tidbits of Biltmore history woven in. It was good to hear that Beatty is going to publish a new series about a twelve-year-old forest girl named Willa with special powers. Fans will have something new to look forward too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Serafina and the Splintered Heart.

June 7, 2017 – Started Reading