Ki's Reviews > How to Bewilder a Lord

How to Bewilder a Lord by Ally Broadfield

bookshelves: currently-reading, arc, ebook, own

This is the third book in the series and isn't the first time I've read a book written by Ally Broadfield. I've enjoyed all of her books and though I liked this too, just not as much as some of her previous ones.

Since it has been awhile since I read the second book in the series, I had to look back and skim through the book again to remeber who was who and get back into the feel of the story. And though you can absolutely read this as a standalone, I felt like to get a better feel and look at their connection, reading the first two books in the series would be great. But you don't need to if course.

The writing was surperb as always from Ally, and the mystery of the treasure is always fun, especially when it brings the 2 characters together. What I also liked was that the mystery wasn't the main part of the story. Though I do love a good mysyery, it was just a leverage in this one, because the story never totally stayed on its path but veered off from time to time to work on their relationship. There wasn't just the mystery of the treasure but also of Gavin's past and why Louisa's father hates his guts. And I think that was a great addition to the story.

It was also great seeing past characters in this book and they did play a bit of a part in this. And the humor was wonderful and a delight to read.

If you're looking for little to no sexual encounter besides heated kisses and intense broodiness, this book is good. It only has one physical encounter that was very enjoyable and much needed.

The only thing I didn't like about this was the rushed ending. Many stories these days are being rushed to the end and I feel like this is one of them. If only it got more pages in it, it would have been great.

*eARC provided by publisher through NetGalley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Bewilder a Lord.

June 6, 2017 – Started Reading