Kristen Johnson's Reviews > Gangster

Gangster by Sapphire Knight

Gangster is not at all what I expected, but instead so much more. The mystery of it all sucked me in from the start, laying a sweet trap to grab and hold my attention and making me read all in one sitting.

While out to eat with a friend, Grace never expects to catch a man's eye, especially not the type of man Thaddeus is, but she does and it changes everything. Suddenly she finds herself on the recieving end of his attention and she's unsure about what it all means and how to proceed. It doesn't help that those around her aren't impressed by him and what they know about him.

Thaddeus was such a strong Alpha, sometimes his thoughts and actions made me want to hug him, and sometimes made me wanna hit him and say Not that way, but it fit his character to be over the top, to want to protect Grace at any and all costs.

There were parts of the story where I wasn't sure I liked where things were going, mostly I wasn't sure about the characters and their actions, but it all came together in the end and I felt like I understood better after I finished. The story was full of mystery, lurking danger, a bit of darkness and drama, but it's also got passion and steam and a blooming romance snuck in with all the rest.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gangster.

Started Reading