Rachael's Reviews > Left at the Altar

Left at the Altar by Margaret Brownley

22209485

Cute and fun, the story put me in mind of Support Your Local Sheriff, with it's western setting and quirky townsfolk. It delves into the historical problem of time-keeping, adding both humor and a serious edge to the story. Meg and her sisters are great, and their family problems add an extra dimension to the tale. I really liked her dad's story of why the bells are so important--an inspiring bit of patriotism (even if for [presumably] the confederate side).

Unlike other books by the author, there is no real faith element, but the story is clean and fun--a great choice if you enjoy western comedies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Left at the Altar.

June 6, 2017 – Started Reading
June 6, 2017 – Shelved
June 6, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
June 6, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Marlene (new) - added it

Marlene I really enjoy this author. I'm curious why there's no faith element

Rachael I think it's published through a secular publishing company. And to be fair, there is mention of going to church and the pastor's refusal to take part in the feud, so Christianity isn't discounted or anything. There's just no personal faith journey.

message 3: by Marlene (new) - added it

Marlene Thanks. A while back there was another Christian author who went the secular publishing route. I wonder if she is going to continue that way.