Larry's Reviews > Anne Frank Remembered: The Story of the Woman Who Helped to Hide the Frank Family

Anne Frank Remembered by Miep Gies

M 50x66
Aug 25, 2011

It was an interesting story about the daily life of "Miep" Gies before, durring, and after World War Two. It also told of how she helped to hide the Frank family, as they were Jewish and the risks of not were far too great. There were things called raizias that involved beating jews and dragging them off to labor camps where they had about a 1/20 chance to survive, as there were several diseases, beatings, and gassings. I thought the best part, which was also very stressful, was waiting to see who would come back and how the book concluded, because I like to find out what happens and how everything comes together and makes sense. I liked the spectacular array of wonderous vocabulary that was bestowed upon me durring the process of transferring information and inscribing it into my brain. It had several words that gained my interest and even included foreign words like raizia. There were also several main characters such as: Miep Gies, Henk Gies, Otto Frank, Ms. Frank (who I forgot the first name of), Anne Frank, and Margot Frank. There were TONS of other characters, but those are the 100% MOST main, but not the only ones.
Overall it was a great book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anne Frank Remembered.