David McClendon, Sr's Reviews > The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace: Empowering Organizations by Encouraging People

The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace by Gary Chapman

We were sent a review copy of The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace for the purpose of writing this review.

The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace is an eye-opening book. The authors, Gary Chapman and Paul White, reveal a method of communicating with workers in the workplace. Their methods help bosses understand the best way to show their employees how valuable they are.

The authors provide tools for how to assess what motivates individual employees in the workplace. They reveal that there is no one-size-fits-all way to express gratitude to employees. It is explained in the book how some people don’t appreciate some forms of gratitude, but hope for others.

The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace is well-written and well researched. It is easy to read and understand and does not require a background in psychology or management to be useful and understood.

The good thing about The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace is that not once do they recommend putting up posters, wearing pins, or joining hands and singing Kumbaya, like so many other methods do. Those methods of encouragement never work and often do more harm than good.

We think that any organization that seeks to get the best an employee has to offer should implement the use of The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace. We give it all 5 stars.

We only wish this book had been around back when we had to deal with various employers.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace.

June 5, 2017 – Shelved