Brenda's Reviews > How to Bewilder a Lord

How to Bewilder a Lord by Ally Broadfield

bookshelves: reviewed

Publisher's Description:

Gavin Corey, the Earl of Thornbrook, has shed his rakish ways in the hope of winning Lady Louisa Adair's heart, but he's not exactly a suitable match. He convinces her to help him find a family treasure by proposing a wager: if he finds the jewels, she must allow him to court her. But if she does, he has to reveal the secret he's keeping from her...

Lady Louisa might be the most sought after lady on the marriage mart, but she values her independence and doesn't want to give up her inheritance to marry. But as she spends more time with the charming earl, she begins to wonder if he's worth the risk. That all changes when she's confronted with the scandal from his past...

My Thoughts:

I'm in love with Ally Broadfield's writing style! It is humorous with delightful characters and a storyline that entrances.
This is the first book I have read in this series and although it is book #3 of the series and reads well as a standalone, it made me want to read the other two books that came before it.
I was totally hooked from chapter one and couldn't put this one aside for more than a short break. I was so taken that I purchased one of the other books before I was half through this one.
Since some of the characters in this book are also featured in the first two, I look forward to the read.
Gavin is hopelessly in love with Lady Louisa, his best friends sister. I say hopelessly because although she likes him, she has decided not to marry. The thing she wants most is to inherit her family home and to do so she is required to make it her primary residence. What man will agree to this stipulation?
After Gavin spots a necklace and earring set of prized pink diamonds in a portrait the two set off on a scavenger hunt for clues to their location. They happen to match a tiara which had been previously found.
A touch of humor, mystery and love thrown in for good measure make this book a wonderful read.
I gave this book 4.75 of 5 stars for the saucy, well developed storyline and the interesting and delightful characters. I gave it a sensual rating of 3 of 5 flames. There is very little sexual interaction with only one physical encounter.
I received a complimentary digital ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley to read. This in no way affected my opinion of this book which I read and reviewed voluntarily.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Bewilder a Lord.

May 29, 2017 – Started Reading