John Martindale's Reviews > Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything

Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer

Aug 25, 2011

bookshelves: pop-neuroscience, psychology, audiobook

I loved it, the audiobook was entertaining, informative and interesting and read by an excellent narrator. I liked how he mixed in with his story bits of psychology, philosophy, history and science. I am reading a book called "Your memory: what it is and how to improve it" which is pretty dry, so it was fun to listen to Moonwalking with Einstein, for though it was some of the same information, it was from a different angle. My favorite section of the book was the philosophical part about how memory affects our experience of time, I thought it absolutely fascinating. I also appreciated that this was not a self-help book, the subtitled caused me to fear. But it was quite the opposite, Foers tries to elementally some of the popular misinformation we hear floating around about how we only use 10% of our brain, and the the brain is like a muscle, and that brain skills are transferable. The book Invisible Guerrilla was the first place I heard these claims dismissed.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonwalking with Einstein.

Started Reading