☕️Kimberly 's Reviews > Sword and Pen

Sword and Pen by Rachel Caine

bookshelves: 2019-coyer-summer, new-releases-2019

Don’t you love when you become invested in the characters and story? When you cry over loss, worry about outcomes and curse villains names? If you do than the Great Library series is for you.

In this world the written word and knowledge are controlled for the greater good. Books are illegal and and smugglers profit. It’s the story of a small group of Librarians who overcoming the controlling faction to better the world. They believe knowledge and books should be shared. Along the way there will be great friendship, loves, losses, adversity, growth, and more. It’s all quite brilliant really.

We’ve regained control of the library in Sword and Pen, but the old Archivist is still plotting and world leaders are vying for their share of the pie. It was intense with betrayals, kickass moments, heroes, losses and discoveries. I laughed, wept like a baby, worried half the story about certain beloved characters and was in awe of how Caine spun this final chapter. I closed the book satisfied with the knowledge that I will revisit this series again.

For fans of the series turn off your phone, grab snacks, call in sick, and enjoy! Those of you who like to binge once a series is complete, I say to you, go forth and devour. Then come tell me what you think! This review was originally posted at Caffeinated Reviewer

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sword and Pen.

June 4, 2017 – Shelved
August 25, 2019 –
August 25, 2019 –
August 26, 2019 –
August 26, 2019 –
77.0% "Eek gads my palms are sweating and my heart is racing."
August 27, 2019 – Finished Reading