emma's Reviews > Leo Loves Aries

Leo Loves Aries by Anyta Sunday

bookshelves: contemporary, romance, new-adult, netgalley, lgbtqiap-plus

Holy shit guys, this was funny and cute as fuck. I literally just spent the last three hours sitting in front of my computer with a smile on my face. Literally the only possible explanation is that reading this book replaced my personality with someone else's because I, Emma Manos, never read contemporary romance but I enjoyed this SO MUCH.

The plot is pretty much like any other fluffy romance but somehow the characters were all really cool and not overly cheesy ??? also, the main character is bisexual (although it was a bit frustrating that the story kind of avoided that word), his twin sister sister is blind (and funny and loves books so pretty much I love her), there are quite a few gay characters, and there's a demisexual minor character (which was super fucking awesome because it was the first time I'd read a book with a demisexual person, I feel like romance books are usually all about this sense of instant sexual attraction and it's like ummm that's not how it works for a lot of people and that's also okay!!). Basically, the story itself was cute af and then there was so much positive representation and it just made my heart so happy. I'm not gonna write a full review but please please please check this out if you like snarky banter and slow-burn romance and feeling overly sappy about fictional characters.

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leo Loves Aries.

June 4, 2017 – Started Reading
June 4, 2017 – Shelved
June 4, 2017 –
page 91
24.14% "umm this is actually funny and cute???? I usually hate contemporary romance, someone help me I'm getting sucked in by this sappy shit"
June 4, 2017 – Shelved as: contemporary
June 4, 2017 – Shelved as: romance
June 4, 2017 – Shelved as: new-adult
June 4, 2017 – Finished Reading
June 10, 2017 – Shelved as: netgalley
August 6, 2017 – Shelved as: lgbtqiap-plus

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

prag ♻ AAAAA I've seen so many good reviews for this I have high hopes