Anna's Reviews > Enemy Mine

Enemy Mine by Karin Tabke

This book has so many elements that I love which makes writing a review that much harder for me. I feel like the good book fairy has made a sneaky visit to my house in the last week or so because everything I've read, about 9 books in all, have been awesome. Seriously. And Enemy Mine kicked off the trend.

It all starts with the cover. I love the flash of fang combined with the full pouty lips. Delish. Oh, you wanted to know about the book? Kidding.

Paranormal Romantic Suspense is my new favorite. I just love the combination of wicked cool supernatural beings that save the world, or themselves, and still get the happily ever after. The HEA is the reason I continue reading paranormal romance instead of urban fantasy. I would, and will, read anything Karin Harlow writes about these L.O.S.T. operatives because everything about the book is solid, from the characters to the worldbuilding to the suspenseful plot.

I thought that the relationship between Nikko and Selena was complex and complicated, with so many obstacles to overcome. I mean, Nikko thinks he killed Selena long ago and has lived with the betrayal and guilt every single day. His entire life has been about shutting off the things that make him feel, as if ice runs through his veins. The very fact that he still mourns his supposed actions over the years attests to the depth of feeling that he is capable of. Enter Selena. She walks back into his life, saving him from certain death, and then they are forced to work together, preventing terrorists from selling a nuke to the highest bidder, including demons bent on destroying The Order, a council comprised of one leader from each immortal order (vamp, lycan, daemon, fallen and fey). Mix this with a combustible passion that is scorching hot and you get the beginnings of the relationship they share. Nikko and Selena singe the pages, although the rest, forgiveness and trust, don't come easy. We still have a daughter, a demonic father, illegal vamp serum, and the destruction of Hellkeepers to keep everything moving at a non-stop pace. I loved every minute!

Other books in the L.O.S.T. series:

Enemy Lover
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enemy Mine.

Started Reading
August 1, 2011 – Finished Reading
August 24, 2011 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Pansy (new) - added it