Diane's Reviews > The Main Corpse

The Main Corpse by Diane Mott Davidson

Aug 24, 2011

it was ok
Read from August 22 to 24, 2011

** spoiler alert ** For once I thought that Goldy wasn't going to do anything too over-the-top ridiculous and then I got to page 197 (adobe ebook version). I know I just need to get over it and suspend all disbelief when I read these books, but I still hold on to some shred of hope that Goldy's actions will be based somewhat on reality. In this case, she, General Bo and her son Arch hold up an ambulance, "kidnap" Marla from it (she had been arrested but on her way to the hospital due to a risky idea of Goldy's), throw away the gun of law enforcement, allegedly knocks out another law enforcement officer and track down a murderer. Why her husband puts up with her condescending attitude towards him or even condones her law-breaking, I'm not sure, but it baffles this reader. Aside from the craziness, the story was an interesting one and while I did figure out the murderer fairly early on, there were some good twists and turns. Not to mention, I must try the cherry coffee cake recipe - it looks amazing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Main Corpse.

04/23 marked as: read