Mandapanda's Reviews > Notice

Aug 24, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: various-romance, fantasy
Read in August, 2011

Interesting story about Adrian Kendall whose carefully structured life is torn apart in one afternoon. Adrian is a dragon shifter, he's also a teacher, and he lives with his lover Josh. He keeps these three parts of his life separate but a terrible attack by one of his students brings them crashing together.

This story sounds like a paranormal romance because of the dragon shifters but in fact it's a Fantasy novel. That's because it doesn't concentrate just on the two lovers, there is more of an ensemble of major characters who are forced to take part in an quest-type scenario to save the world of the dragons.

Adrian and Josh have already been together for a long time but nevertheless their romance is very sweet and we get the story of how they got together in flashback. I really loved Josh's character. Not at all who you would expect the Lord of the Dragons (Adrian) to fall in love with but just perfect all the same. A fair amount of the sex is off-screen.

A few times I felt the pacing was off but that was due to Huntingdon's special powers affecting Adrian from whose POV the story is told. Huntingdon's powers made him seem almost too omnipotent to me. So that on the couple of occasions where we're told he can't do one particular thing, it sounded unbelievable.

I was intrigued and couldn't put this book down til the end and I'd recommend it for MM fantasy lovers or readers who would enjoy a slightly different type of shifter novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Notice.

02/15/2016 marked as: read