Katie's Reviews > Riot Street

Riot Street by Tyler  King

Riot Street by Tyler King
4 stars!
Reviewed on behalf of 2 girls who love books
When I first read the blurb for this book I was really excited to read it and I wasn’t disappointed. It was a really intense read with some pretty emotional moments. The two main characters, Ethan and Avery, lives are intricately intertwined and it takes a while to understand them both. They are very complex characters but I couldn’t help but like them both. They both have problems that they need to work through and whether they can do that together or apart is a big part of this story. The author delved deep with these characters, they were both raw and emotional. There are some very sensitive issues explored in the story but they are written about well. The story is told from Avery’s POV, it may have benefited slightly to have a few chapters from Ethan’s POV especially towards the end when we see a sudden change in his behaviour. I really liked Avery – considering what she had been through I thought that she was a really strong character and what she had to do towards the end of the story whilst left me a little heartbroken was something she absolutely needed to do, not just for herself but for Ethan too. The story kept my interest throughout and I enjoyed the unique storyline. It isn’t an easy read but definitely one that I would highly recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Riot Street.

Started Reading