Carla *Jen7waters*'s Reviews > Castle in the Air

Castle in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones

Aug 24, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-read, fantasy, favorite-books, fairytale-retelling, young-adult, favorite-authors

Good heavens, I LOVE Diana Wynne Jones. Love her! She was hilarious, and brilliant, and a COMPLETE GENIUS. Please go read the Castle series if you haven't. Please.

(And btw, Disney: again. Castle in the Air is clearly the origin of the animated motion picture Aladdin - pay the woman's family! Give her credit!)

*PT* Cuidado com o Dálmata - Castle in the Air
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Castle in the Air.

Quotes Carla *Jen7waters* Liked

Diana Wynne Jones
“I am a believer in free will. If my dog chooses to hate the whole human race except myself, it must be free to do so.”

Diana Wynne Jones
“It's just as I thought," she said. "I prefer you to every single one of these. Some of these look far too proud of themselves, and some look selfish and cruel. You are unassuming and kind. I intend to ask my father to marry me to you, instead of to the Prince in Ochinstan. Would you mind?”

Diana Wynne Jones
“You cannot rob robbers with a kitten in your hat!”

Diana Wynne Jones
“The soldier was like that. He was an expert in getting other people to do what he wanted. The only creature that could make the soldier do something he did not want was Midnight, and Midnight did things she did not want only when Whippersnapper wanted something. That put the kitten right at the top of the pecking order. A kitten!”

August 24, 2011 – Shelved
September 10, 2011 – Started Reading
September 14, 2011 –
page 151
39.43% "this book is so cute xD"
September 15, 2011 –
page 278
72.58% "The kitten at the top of the pecking order. A KITTEN!"
September 16, 2011 –
page 383
100.0% "DWJ was a genius. B-)"
September 16, 2011 – Shelved as: 2011-read
September 16, 2011 – Shelved as: fantasy
September 16, 2011 – Shelved as: favorite-books
September 16, 2011 – Finished Reading
September 19, 2011 – Shelved as: fairytale-retelling
September 27, 2011 – Shelved as: young-adult
June 14, 2012 – Shelved as: favorite-authors

Quigui A gostar do Howl, então :D Apesar que neste a história não é sobre o Howl...

Quigui Yey!