Amanda's Reviews > Where They Found Her

Where They Found Her by Kimberly McCreight

bookshelves: 2017

Where They Found Her is a book full of characters that I still think about weeks after finishing. Molly, Barbara, Aidan, Steve, Hannah, Stella, Justin, Rhea, Sandy, Jenna... The way these completely separate characters fall together in ways you honestly do not see coming is skillful and fascinating. When one twist is revealed, my mouth fell open. And then it turns out that isn't even half of the actual twist so I audibly gasped. A few pages later I just yelled for my husband and blurt out what I just read, wondering if he'll find it as unbelievable as I did - only he doesn't because he knows nothing of this story but he smiles and tells me he's glad I'm loving the book. He's used to my weirdness by now.

I understand that none of what I just said tells you nothing about the book so... Molly is a mother still reeling from a devastating loss, working as a journalist in a new town. She is assigned to cover the discovery of an infant found dead in a local creek. Her husband, Justin, is weary and wondering if she can handle it. Soon friends and acquaintances of hers are involved in the case and as things both past and present come to light, the phrase 'what lies beneath' kept popping into my head. So many things are hidden just below the surface and when they come to light, watch out. I promise, you DID NOT see that coming.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where They Found Her.

June 1, 2017 – Shelved