Brenda's Reviews > Two Kinds of Truth

Two Kinds of Truth by Michael Connelly

bookshelves: 2017-release, crime, mystery, suspense, reviewing-by-request, sent-by-publisher, 5000-books, own-read

While Harry Bosch continued his volunteer work to close cold cases, he was drawn into the murder of two pharmacists in a down town store. The father and son were gunned down in cold blood and something about the son’s murder rang alarm bells for Harry. The deepening investigation into the murders led to the Russians and a huge prescription drug racket.

Meanwhile Harry was approached by the department he’d left some years previously about an old case he vividly remembered – the killer he’d put away was still on death row – and the information he was given was that he’d made a mistake. The killer who’d been on death row for thirty years was claiming he’d been framed – and that Harry was the one who had framed him. With chills running down his spine, Harry knew he had to clear his name; his reputation depended on it…

Were these two cases connected? Harry needed to find the answers to that question – and fast.

Two Kinds of Truth by Michael Connelly is another gripping Bosch thriller (20th in the series), with his half-brother, Mickey Haller playing a part. Connelly never disappoints, with the twists and turns, intense intrigue and bad guys all making an appearance. Another highly entertaining edition to the series which I have no hesitation in recommending.

With thanks to Allen & Unwin for my ARC to read and review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Kinds of Truth.

May 31, 2017 – Shelved
February 4, 2018 – Started Reading
February 4, 2018 – Shelved as: 5000-books
February 4, 2018 – Shelved as: own-read
February 4, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Diane S ☔ (new) - added it

Diane S ☔ Super review, Brenda.

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Great review, Brenda. Have you read all of his book in order? I have quite a few of his books but not all of them and wondering if I need to read them in order.

Brenda Diane S ☔ wrote: "Super review, Brenda."

Thanks Diane :)

Brenda Sharon wrote: "Great review, Brenda. Have you read all of his book in order? I have quite a few of his books but not all of them and wondering if I need to read them in order."

Thanks Sharon :) No I haven't - I still have some of the earlier ones to read. You can read them as stand alone as they are all different stories. It helps to have some idea of who Bosch is but it'll come to you gradually as you read them.

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon That's good to know. Thank you 😊

Brenda You're welcome :)

Susanne  Strong Great review Brenda!

Brenda Thanks Susanne 😊