Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads)'s Reviews > Snared

Snared by Jennifer Estep

bookshelves: currently-reading

At A Glance
I do love a good serial killer.
The Good
It's up to Gin to find a missing girl before Ashland's secret serial killer strikes again. All the while Gin can't forget to keep an eye on The Circle, the meanie-bo-beanie group who killed her family and plot against Gin's every move.

I loved the serial killer aspect. I just find them fascinating. Those rascally psychopaths are straight up bananas, and who doesn't love bananas? ...Anyways

The action was awesome, like always. I love how methodical Gin takes care of business.  Hugh Tucker is becoming one interesting character. We hate him but we are oddly fascinated by him. I have my guesses on what's up with him. He's in deep with The Circle and killing Gin is his goal...or is it?

Gin's flashbacks were very informative. Oh those twists and turns. I love getting another piece of the puzzle.
The Bad
This series is getting pretty predictable, and each book has a similar format that can get tedious after 16 books. Doesn't mean I didn't love this book, I just wanted to warn anyone who plans to start this series. I still love reading Estep's stories but I am not blind to this series pitfalls.
The Snuggly
Some low-key snuggly. Owen and Gin are so cute together but their fire is gone. They are getting a bit boring.
Final Thoughts
Even though this series is getting a little stale, I still love Snared. I had a good time with it. And that's that.

Quotes
"I felt like I was Snared in someone else's spiderweb, and everything I did only made the sticky threads twist and tangle tighter and tighter around me."

"He stared at me, a sad smile tugging at his lips. 'You really do have your mother’s stubbornness. It’s going to be the death of you, little Genevieve. Just as it was the death of her.'
'Genevieve Snow died the night my mother and sister did,' I snarled.
He gave me another sad smile. 'And so did I.'"

“Blood and guts sprayed everywhere, spattering all over the papers and photos still on the floor. Henry screamed and screamed, clutching his stomach and trying to hold his insides, well, inside, where they were supposed to be”

This review was originally posted on Bad Bird Reads

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snared.

May 30, 2017 – Started Reading
May 30, 2017 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Hello! Before I start this series I would like to know few things?
Does this series has romance?
Does it have love triangles?
Is there cheating?
Does one of the love interests dies and the we get a new one?
Does the heroine ever gets raped?
Does it changes love interest for any reason?
I would really like to know this things.

Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads) A little bit of a love triangle.
A little bit of cheating
The love interest does not die
She does not get raped.
It does change love interest.

message 3: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Who cheats?

Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads) love interest kisses someone else.