Michelle's Reviews > The Clover Chapel

The Clover Chapel by Devney Perry

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 95112172d553328c32fae3f822408c_zpsqqysagwa.gif

The Clover Chapel by Devney Perry is the first book that I have read from this author and it definitely won’t be my last. This book is angsty and yet had that emotional second chance element that will keep readers like myself interested in how everything will unfold for the hero and heroine.

Emmy and Nick had a steamy and passionate night in Las Vegas that leads them to getting married. The following morning, Emmy discovers Nick is gone. Nine years has passed and fate has intervened once again as these two are reunited and this time Nick wants a second chance. So what awaits for this couple? Will the second time around be worth the chance and risk again for Emmy?

While I enjoyed this book in regards to seeing how everything developed between Emmy and Nick, I did not like the heroine. She was not someone I could see myself relating to. I understand her apprehensions with Nick and guarding her heart, but the fact that she has a boyfriend for several years and never told him that she was married irked me. Given the fact, it has been nine years and she didn’t get her marriage annulled or divorced. Also, Nick’s reasoning for leaving her was a weak excuse in my opinion. Overall, this book could have been a five star read but with me not being drawn to the heroine was a big factor in my rating. The writing was great and the author has definitely captured my attention to be on the lookout for any upcoming books.

photo MICHELLE1_zps3515xymk.jpg

photo goodreads_zpsjhd2zbrk.png  photo facebook_zpsh8xm6gum.png  photo twitter_zpsjwohhyxy.png  photo instagram_zpsdgilh5ur.png  photo networked-blogs_zpszuxyzuzw.png

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Clover Chapel.

May 30, 2017 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
May 30, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
May 30, 2017 – Shelved