Kailey (BooksforMKs)'s Reviews > Manga Classics: Emma

Manga Classics by Stacy King

bookshelves: graphic-novels-and-manga

I love that this manga adaptation of one of my favorite classics kept somewhat closely to the original story, even using some of the original dialogue. Jane Austen is one of my favorite classic authors, and "Emma" is my favorite of all her books, so I was really excited to read this one!

The artwork is really lovely and the characters are all so distinct. I love their costumes and the pretty scenery. Sometimes I think the drama goes a little bit overboard though, as though the characters are shouting at each other with wild expressions, or looking dramatically shocked and amazed with wide eyes and open mouths. It just ends up looking a little silly! But most of the time, the characters expressions match the dialogue in a more demure and subtle way.

I enjoyed this manga so much, and it's a great way to revisit one of my favorite stories! Can't wait to read more Manga Classics!

Disclaimer: I received an ecopy of this book from the publisher in exchange for a free and honest review. All the opinions stated here are my own true thoughts and are not influenced by anyone.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Manga Classics.

May 28, 2017 – Started Reading