may ➹'s Reviews > Shatter Me

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

usually I am nostalgic and like to look back on the past to see how much I’ve grown, but this review was just..... so embarrassing. I want to sink in a hole every time I get a notification that someone liked this in 2020. so! I would like to keep just these two lines from 2017:

- my first reaction when I finished the book was: thank god it’s over
- “He says it with a small smile the size of Jupiter.”—Jupiter is not small... Jupiter is the largest planet in our solar system......

// buddy read with american, british, and german (sorry for hating on your fave book xoxo)

(all the other BR people rated this 3 stars and higher, I love being the only hater <3)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shatter Me.

May 28, 2017 – Shelved
May 28, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
October 21, 2017 – Started Reading
October 21, 2017 –
page 158
46.75% "juliette @ warner: you're a mOnStEr

me @ juliette: well you're an annoying little binch tell me that's any better"
October 28, 2017 –
page 228
67.46% "adam: i've loved you forever
juliette: but why? how? i'm a monster
adam: i've always been drawn to you and i couldn't stop thinking about you and i always hoped to see you again
juliette: ...i love you

me:

I'M ACTUALLY READY TO KILL SOMEONE"
October 28, 2017 – Shelved as: read-2017
December 28, 2017 – Shelved as: pov-female
December 28, 2017 – Shelved as: annoying
January 6, 2018 – Shelved as: boring
May 20, 2018 – Shelved as: unpopular-opinion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 93 (93 new)

Sara ➽ Ink Is My Sword Prepare those feelings girl, this will probably shatter you❤️

julianna ➹ oh dude i forgot to read today lmao

message 3: by Elle (new)

Elle (ellexamines) could I jump on this train I need motivation to actually read this lmao

may ❀ uh wow okay i expect a good roast to come out of this

may ➹ Ink is My Sword (Sara) wrote: "Prepare those feelings girl, this will probably shatter you❤️"

ahaha i hope i'll like it!!

may ➹ julianna ➹ wrote: "oh dude i forgot to read today lmao"

well i didn't read SM or finish LoT yesterday so,,,, rip

may ➹ Elise wrote: "could I jump on this train I need motivation to actually read this lmao"

i literally would've had no motivation to read this without a BR lmao

may ➹ maybelline™ wrote: "uh wow okay i expect a good roast to come out of this"

why do you expect ME to roast it when you rated it 4??

may ❀ listen fetus may had no standards

may ➹ neither does current may

Jackie may ➹ wrote: "i literally would've had no motivation to read this without a BR lmao"

SHUT UPJDPOHIGJDO IT'S GOOD OKAY

may ➹ i like making you mad

Jackie may ➹ wrote: "i like making you mad"

i can tell....... i will hate you if you won't like it tho BYE

may ➹ i'll still read the rest of the series just for you jacket

message 15: by Khadidja (new) - added it

Khadidja You CANT hate it

may ➹ too late khadidja too late

Alice If you were annoyed by this one, oh man the second one is way more irritating and I love the writing. The writing is the only reason I rated this series so high. The plot/powers are a mess.

julianna ➹ omg i feel so bad for jackie

message 19: by Reynita (new) - added it

Reynita Maharani ★ The Night Reader ★ I didn't even finish this book 🙃🙃

Jackie julianna ➹ wrote: "omg i feel so bad for jackie"

LMAO DON'T I'M ACTUALLY LAUGHING

Jackie hennyways, i get why you hate the book lmao it's insta-lovey and stereotypical but you better read the next books because IT WILL ALL MAKE SENSE GIRL. THIS IS ABOUT JULIETTE AND HER GROWTH SO OBVIOUSLY SHE DOES/SAYS SOME DUMB THINGS AT FIRST BUT IT WILL ALL LEAD TO SOMETHING GREATER

Jackie i'm still blocking you tho

prag ♻ it'll get better when you meet kenji

Jackie prag™ wrote: "it'll get better when you meet kenji"

OMG YES FDJGHSG MAY I CAN'T WAIT FOR U TO MEET KENJI

Mihlean prag™ wrote: "it'll get better when you meet kenji"

YES I AGREE KENJI MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER

may ❀ OMG YOU ACTUALLY DID IT :')

Julie Jerles I'm forcing myself to read the second one right now. Pleaseeeeee get better than the first.

may ➹ Alice wrote: "If you were annoyed by this one, oh man the second one is way more irritating and I love the writing. The writing is the only reason I rated this series so high. The plot/powers are a mess."

huh, i heard the opposite?? people said the series got better as it went on but lmao i'll just read to roast 🙂

may ➹ julianna ➹ wrote: "omg i feel so bad for jackie"

feel bad for ME
i can't believe i had to read this trash

may ➹ Reynita wrote: "I didn't even finish this book 🙃🙃"

it got fairly interesting near the end?? but you didn't miss much hahah

may ➹ Jackie wrote: "hennyways, i get why you hate the book lmao it's insta-lovey and stereotypical but you better read the next books because IT WILL ALL MAKE SENSE GIRL. THIS IS ABOUT JULIETTE AND HER GROWTH SO OBVIO..."

may ➹ Jackie wrote: "i'm still blocking you tho"

but i love you :(

may ➹ prag™ wrote: "it'll get better when you meet kenji"

Jackie wrote: "prag™ wrote: "it'll get better when you meet kenji"

OMG YES FDJGHSG MAY I CAN'T WAIT FOR U TO MEET KENJI"

Mihlean wrote: "prag™ wrote: "it'll get better when you meet kenji"

YES I AGREE KENJI MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER"

are we talking about the same kenji bc i met him and,, 😐

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Lol may this fucking series is awful man. Are you gonna continue on?

madeline ♡ yaaaa i feel the same way about this book

Jackie may ➹ wrote: "julianna ➹ wrote: "omg i feel so bad for jackie"

feel bad for ME
i can't believe i had to read this trash"

SHUT UP

julianna ➹ Jackie wrote: "i'm still blocking you tho"

julianna ➹ Jackie wrote: "may ➹ wrote: "julianna ➹ wrote: "omg i feel so bad for jackie"

feel bad for ME
i can't believe i had to read this trash"

SHUT UP"

ahhahaha this is so fun

Jackie may ➹ wrote: "BUT IT WASN'T IN THE FIRST BOOK AND I'M JUDGING THE FIRST BOOK AND THE FIRST BOOK HAS TO MAKE ME WANT TO READ THE REST OF THE SERIES BUT NO ONLY MY FEAR OF YOUR WRATH KEEPS ME GOING"

may ➹ wrote: "are we talking about the same kenji bc i met him and,, 😐."

okay first of all, you DO NOT get to even BREATHE a bad word about my baby kenji he's my precious child who deserves the WORLD and second of all, EVERYTHING gets better in the second/third books okay??? trust me

(or maybe this series just isn't for you and i respect that but then we can't be friends anymore i don't know you)

Jackie julianna ➹ wrote: "Jackie wrote: "i'm still blocking you tho"

i'm patiently waiting for you to come onto the gc so i can watch the fight *popcorn is waiting*"

i'll be there in 3, 2, 1..........

*Layali* This book is trash. I wasn't a fan lol Can't wait to see your full review

Alice may ➹ wrote: "Alice wrote: "If you were annoyed by this one, oh man the second one is way more irritating and I love the writing. The writing is the only reason I rated this series so high. The plot/powers are a..."

They meant the last book. There's a big shift in "stuff". Maybe the ending of the 2nd.

may ➹ maybelline™ wrote: "OMG YOU ACTUALLY DID IT :')"

yes i survived

may ➹ Julie wrote: "I'm forcing myself to read the second one right now. Pleaseeeeee get better than the first."

ahahha that'll be me when i get the second book! either it'll get better or i'll get to roast it, i like both options :)

may ➹ Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ wrote: "Lol may this fucking series is awful man. Are you gonna continue on?"

ugh yesss i will. i've been promised it gets better (and if not, at least i'll get to roast it :D)

may ➹ madeline wrote: "yaaaa i feel the same way about this book"

it's just so... *sigh*

Iryna *Book and Sword* Totally agree with that rating 👍🏻👍🏻 Also, I think the second book is even worse. Whahahahahaha !

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVE THE "soon" on this

may ➹ Iryna (Book and Sword) wrote: "Totally agree with that rating 👍🏻👍🏻 Also, I think the second book is even worse. Whahahahahaha !"

agggh i heard it got better for some people so i'm hoping it's like that for me??

may ➹ ilsa ➹ wrote: "I LOVE THE "soon" on this"

listen if i even get a review up this month, that's soon enough
i have reviews from august to write okay

« previous 1