Olivia's Reviews > Atlantis Quest

Atlantis Quest by Gloria Craw

bookshelves: netgalley-reviews

“Atlantis Quest” is a great continuation of an exciting YA paranormal series. Alison has vanquished Sebastian, and her life is returning to normal- or as close as she can get. However, the dewing have more to ask of her. Nikki, her teenage/high school enemy from the first book (who turned her over to the evil Sebastian), is missing. Thanks to being raised by humans, Alison’s thought patterns render her invisible to the other dewing- to them, she is just like any other human. However, as a thoughtmaker, she can join their minds to plant thoughts/actions in them, both dewing and human.

Although somewhat surprising to send a teenager undercover into a difficult situation (perhaps less so, since they sent her on a quest to kill the most dangerous dewing in existence in the last book), Alison has a new mission- to spy on the Truss, the clan which had formerly been led by Sebastien, and try to figure out where Nikki has been hidden. We get some new characters, including Alison’s (sort of) cousin Theron, who is being punished for his hacking skills and happens to be living near where the Truss are meeting. Throughout the book, we, like Alison, can’t help to warm up to Theron who is a really great character all-around.

Despite a semi-slow start to the book, the pace picks up to soon become just as delightful as the first. We learn a little more about the dewing and their history as well as the new cast of characters/clans in this book. Once again, this book manages to have a whole story without being too fast-paced and giving a cliffhanger (although we are left with a pretty big teaser for the next book at the end, the main plot is wrapped up nicely). Alison starts to get her bearing amongst the dewing and think about what she wants out of her life/what she thinks is right (not just what Ian’s clan say). We see her grow during this book quite a bit as she ponders life and love.

I was worried there was going to be a love triangle with Theron, but luckily (for people who don’t love the love triangles), no such thing happens. The romance is still there between our favorite couple of book 1, but it takes a backseat to the espionage and excitement of her quest in this book. Overall, it’s a really fantastic addition to the series, and not just filler (as second books sometimes are). I am really looking forward to continuing with the next!

Please note that I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. All opinions are my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Atlantis Quest.

May 27, 2017 – Started Reading