Danny Marshall's Reviews > Aliens Love Underpants

Aliens Love Underpants by Claire Freedman

M 50x66
Aug 22, 2011

The first thing that drew me to this book was the vibrant illustrations on the front cover and the interesting title. Any book which has 'Aliens' and 'Underpants' in the title, for me, is a must read! This book provides a hilarious and unique insight into what Aliens actually look for when flying around the universe, and it is not humans. As there are no underpants in space, Aliens fly to earth to find some. They like all different kinds, and enjoy participating in various races and competitions such as how many Aliens can fit in one leg! However, there is one pair of underpants which Aliens love the sight of, which are of course, "Granny's spotted bloomers".

Whilst this book would be perfect for younger children, especially during 'story time', I could not stop laughing when I read it myself. The variety of colours keeps you enticed throughout, and the utter nonsense of the story is Brilliant. It also provides sound advice that before you put your pants on you should always check just in case an alien lurks inside! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR ALL TO READ!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aliens Love Underpants.

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna Great book to read aloud.I read this book quite often to children in Year 1 and they loved it:) I really like the variety of colours you wrote about. This is a great read.

Bitīte Maija I dont like the thought behind it... illustrations are nice but dont understand why teach children that it's funny if someone plays with your underwear..
There are so many other nice books for children to read instead of this nonsense !